As a majority of our work is based on-location for film/video production and photography, it meant that our office was surplus to requirements, and increased the rates we charge clients. Since February 2010 we made the decision to work from home, which in turn provides better support and more affordable rates for our clients, as our overheads are now reduced.
The other benefits we have found is now James is available during normal office hours and out of office hours, which has allowed Focus Films to deliver creative media services to an international audience as well.
- Available for clients between 8:30am until 10:00pm (and even later if required), 7 days a week
- Less overheads mean less costs are passed onto the client, therefore Focus-Films is one of the most competitively priced services available in Fife.
- A comfortable working environment that allows us to focus completely on what is important, completing your brief to your total satisfaction.
Focus-Films has a commitment to reducing our impact on the environment. We are always aware that when on-location filming we are having an impact on our environment as we drive to each location shoot. To counterbalance our impact we have taken extra steps to commit ourselves to a green policy.
- Our website and associated sites are all hosted on certifiably green servers which are powered through renewable energy sources.
- All our invoices, briefs, and quotes are delivered electronically, we avoid printing hard copies wherever possible.
- Working from home reduces our carbon footprint as we do not have to travel to work back and forward as we are already there.
- During the daytime we only use natural lighting in our workspace.
- We utilise both MAC and Windows machines. These computers have been equipped and upgraded to be energy efficient. We never leave any equipment on standby, if we are not using the equipment it is switched off.
- Any equipment that no longer meets our requirements or demands is donated to local charities to be resold to individuals that can use our equipment.